Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Setting The Table for Fall

IT'S FALL Y'ALL! 
I adore this time of the year. Leaves crunching under your feet, a hot drink in your hand, and pumpkins scattered all over the place. Getting to layer sweaters and scarves with cute jackets and boots is a definite perk as well.
Fall fashion is just a giant mass of cozy wrapped up in flannel goodness.

Autumn has made its way into our home recently, and I've been dying to share with you my table decorations this year! 
Just like in fashion, layering is such an easy way to instantly make your table look polished. You can layer plates, table runners, napkins, you name it. I placed a napkin in between my stacked plates to break up the look, and to tie into the black centerpiece. Speaking of the centerpiece, this one is a vase from IKEA I bought years ago, placed on top of a mirror, and filled with fake leaves and flowers. The table runner is made from an IKEA panel I had hanging in my room during collage (this one is equally awesome), and a strip of fabric I pulled from the remnant bin at Jo-Ann Fabrics ages ago. 
Gold and purple pine cones??? Yes please! 
I found all of these either in our backyard, or under a tree I passed on my walk the other day. A quick coat of spray paint and nature got a nice dose of glam!
The candles are from IKEA, and the rest is just random fall decor I picked up last year at Hobby Lobby or Dollar General.
Yes I know it looks a little silly since we really don't use our dining room, or plan on having a bunch of people over anytime soon (not to mention the absent cutlery and glassware). But I just CAN'T pass up the opportunity to decorate for the season!
Do you fill your home with leaves and pumpkins? Or do you go the frightening route for a more Halloween theme? I like to keep things somewhat Fall-neutral, and make my decor last from September through November. 
Decorate smarter not harder!

No comments: