Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkins with some GLAM!


HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!
Yesterday I was featured on my friend Michaela's blog, Happy Apple, to show how I decorated my pumpkins this year. So I thought I would also share that post with all of you! 
If you're anything like me, you want EVERYTHING to do with decorating for Fall and Halloween, but want NOTHING to do with the mess that is carving pumpkins. There are a lot of options out there for alternative pumpkin decorating (be sure to check out Pinterest) ranging from paint, sequins, leggings, plastic spiders, push pins, googly-eyes, you name it! 

For my pumpkins this year I chose paint and fabric as my main two mediums. 
Inline image 1
Inline image 2For my first little pumpkin I tried to replicate the "gold-dipped" look that is all over the place. I was able to tape off an area and paint with gold acrylic paint. If I were to do this project again, I think a gold spray paint would be an easier option than painting on with acrylic. 
Inline image 3
My second pumpkin is a simple little herringbone pattern. Fun story about this little guy! I totally dropped him on me while painting, and now my black yoga pants have an awesome white stripped pattern on them! Wooo! 
Inline image 4
With my last pumpkin, the giant one, I took a different approach to. Instead of paint, I cut strips of fabric and glued them all over the pumpkin using Modge Podge. I absolutely LOVE how this one turned out. It looks like it's completely wrapped in wrapping paper, almost not even real! This would be a perfect idea to do with a bunch of fake pumpkins so you could keep them year to year. 
Inline image 5
So there you have it! Some alternative ways to decorate pumpkins, if chopping them up and getting your hands all covered in gooey pumpkin guts isn't your cup of tea! 

Have fun decorating and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: