Thursday, October 24, 2013

Guest Blogger: Michaela from Happy Apple talks Pumpkins!

Today we have my blogger buddy, and real-life awesome friend, Michaela from Happy Apple  to talk about how she decorated her pumpkins this season. Take it away Mikey! 
Hey everyone! This is Michaela from Happy Apple and I am so excited to share my pumpkin decorating post!  I absolutely love Halloween and fall so decorating my pumpkins is a definite on my Fall To Do List! 
Pumpkin Decorating 2013
This year I used black and white paint with silver sequins to decorate my pumpkins. I really like using paint instead of carving pumpkins because it cuts down on the amount of cleanup and the pumpkin doesn't go bad as quickly. 
pumpkin2
On the little pumpkin I just painted swirls inspired by scroll work on iron fences. And then Mod Podged the sequins on in random places to give it some bling.
Pumpkin3
On my big pumpkin I just did a half and half of white and black. I think next year I would write a message in the black part to give it an extra pop, but the monochromatic color really stands out! pumpkin4
Thanks for sharing Michaela! Those pumpkins are ADORABLE! I'm always game for anything with some bling.
Be sure to check out her Halloween post about caramel apple bites, they look scary good :)

No comments: