Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend Recap: Bedroom Wall Art

Good morning everyone! 
I hope you aren't too tired from staying up and watching the Super Bowl last night. We weren't able to watch it, since we don't have cable, so instead we watched a mini marathon of Psych! 
If you ask me, we totally got the better deal :)

But that was just Sunday, Friday and Saturday were also filled with awesome activities! 
Friday I went out with a few of the girls to Pulse Nightclub. Its an 18+ club that took us FOREVER to figure out how to get to. One of the ladies we were with all night was having a birthday and this is where she wanted to go. It is definitely a club. Lots of drinks, strobe lights, dancing, loud music, and random guys trying to get your number. Aside from the every so confident male population, this place was actually a lot of fun! I really want to bring my sisters out there sometime. 


Saturday Eric and I ventured to IKEA. It was a madhouse. Not that it isn't always a crowded mess, but for some reason it seemed especially packed that day. We really only had 1 thing we needed to get, but of course I wanted to look at all the displays so we had to venture through the entire maze store.

The reason we went on this crazy IKEA mission was because I had a vision. I finally figured out what I wanted to do above our bed. We don't have a headboard, and there is a HUGE blank wall in our bedroom just begging for something to go there. I stumbled across this wall piece done above their couch over at Young House Love, and instantly knew what I wanted. 

(picture from www.younghouselove.com

I (like so many of you I'm sure) am addicted to Instagram. And as much as I love the pictures I take with the app....I don't feel like they ever get applied anywhere. So off I went to Picplum.com  and ordered myself some prints! These guys are so cheap and easy it's insane. You just upload your Instagram images, order your prints, and a few days later they show up at  your door in beautiful 5 in by 5 in squares. 

After my pictures came in, I used my "Get 10 free sheets of paper" coupon from Archivers  and picked up the paper for my project. 


The frames we got at IKEA were the RIBBA frames in white. They ran $19.00 a pop which was a little expensive, but I still had money on a gift card from Christmas so it cost us $0! Win! 


Looking promising!!! 
Now the fun part. I really can't take ANY credit for hanging these. Eric used his incredible math skills and was able to hand everything perfectly spaced and even. 


Isn't he the best?! :) 
During this phase I was re-opening all the frames and cleaning out any dust that I noticed had gotten inside. I also made us some popcorn....so I wasn't completely useless. 



TADAAA!!! I am in love. 
The best part is that we can interchange the pictures whenever we want. And these frames are so classic looking that there is no way they won't be able to find a new home in the future, if so needed. 

So that was our weekend. I love weekend in Cincinnati, there is always something to do. I can't even tell you how excited I am to spend the summer here with Eric this year. We're going to have so much fun!!! 
Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday! 



No comments: