Friday, March 7, 2014

This Post Is Off The Scale

Exactly one year ago, I published THIS POST about developing your strength through your struggles. 

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

I've been thinking a lot lately about that quote, and the fact that I posted it a year to the day is a bit freaky. In the mentioned post I talked about my frustration with the numbers I was seeing on the scale. To keep things real and honest, I am still in that same old rut I found myself in last March. Nothing I do seems to be helping me get closer to my goal weight. Yes I complain, and yes I know I need to be grateful and proud of what I've accomplished so far. But when your progress is determined by a number, it's hard to feel like you're succeeding when it hasn't changed in a year and a half. 
THAT my friend is the problem. 
I have been focusing entirely TOO HARD on those little digital numbers that flash up at me every week. 
Lent started Wednesday, and I've decided that instead of giving up chocolate or wine, I am going to find one Off the Scale Victory every week to go along with my weigh-in. These OSV's can be anything from "I didn't snack on the ingredients while cooking", "ran an extra 5 minutes on the treadmill", to "totally caught that guy checking me out!". Anything that boosts my spirits, makes me feel GOOD about myself, and deserves an inner high-five!

And being the designer that I am, I've created a little list to keep with me to record each of my Off the Scale Victories.
One is designed for the weeks of Lent, and the other is just to use whenever!

So if you also need to focus on those Off the Scale Victories like me, you can download these lists by following the links below! 


Everyone needs to celebrate a little more in their life. Whether it's the giant hurdles, or the smallest of leaps. Take the time to give yourself that inner high-five you deserve!

No comments: