Friday, January 24, 2014

Getting Crafty: Gold Dipped Basket

IT'S FRIDAY!!! 
Today I just wanted to share a quick little craft to kick off the weekend. 
Remember in this post, I talked about having plans for that little $2 basket I picked up at the thrift store? Well after the white paint was dry, I decided to tape off the top section of it, and give the bottom a little something something. 
Gold and GORGEOUS! 
I ended up using Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold spray paint, because I read somewhere that it had the best gold-like finish. Less brassy undertones, and I agree that it is beautiful! 
You may now find me running around my house, randomly painting things gold. Just call me Queen Midas, woman with the golden spray! 
This shiny new basket found a home in my closet, holding my ever growing collection of pole shorts. Which until yesterday were in a super messy pile, so having a place to stash them is just so nice!

Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments: