Thursday, March 7, 2013

Your Struggles Develop Your Strengths


Hello bloggosphere :) 

A really good friend of mine sent me this quote a while back when I was having a rough day, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

 I have read and re-read this over and over again these past few weeks because I seem to be on the struggle bus when it comes to my weight loss journey. Before Thanksgiving I told myself that I wanted to be under a certain weight before the holidays. I weighed in the week before Thanksgiving, made my goal, and was pumped! Since then though I have not been able to get past this plateau. Every week it's +0.5, - 1.2, +0.6, -0.8, +1, - 0.7 I am just up and down, up and down, circling this same weight and not making any progress. 
I have only lost 2 pounds the last 24 weeks. So since September there has only been a 2 lb difference. 
I FIND THIS AGGRAVATING! 

After expressing my frustration on twitter (lame I know, but whatever...), my amazing friend came to the rescue.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." 

 Everyone needs to chant this to themselves when they think they're failing. I have no plan to give up, I have come a long way, and the goal of my journey is to be healthy.
 It is not a race. 
I know that I need to make changes to knock myself out of this funk, and every week I've been trying a new strategy. (P.S. anyone out there have something that's worked for them when they get stuck?? I'd love to hear about it!) 

So the next time you think you've failed, don't give up! What doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. Make that choice to keep going, and know that because of this setback, your victory will be that much sweeter.


No comments: