Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Getting Crafty - DIY Magnets

Ahoy! 
So last night I got my Martha Stewart on and made some magnets for our fridge. Since the holidays we've accumulated a TON of cards and pictures that I want to keep, and we were running out of things to hold them up! I made some magnets like this last year and it is SUUPPPER easy! 

All you need is:
Scrap fabric
 Craft magnets with an adhesive backing (I got mine from Walmart)
 Button Kits in various sizes (also from Walmart)
Needle nose pliers to rip the button loop off so you can use them as magnets (not pictured) 


You simply cut out a bit of fabric and lay your button on top as shown in the picture. Place that into the white tool they give you in the kit, and press the back of the button on using the blue tool. 
It's pretty self explanatory. 

Once  your buttons are covered and looking fabulous, use those mighty muscles of yours and rip off that loop so you have a flat surface to stick your magnet onto. This may involve some wiggling and squeezing, but don't give up! 


Huzzah! Aren't they cute :) 

The fabric remnants bins/sections at Hobby Lobby or Joann Fabrics are perfect for finding scraps of fabric at super cheap prices. 


 There they are doing their job and looking great! 

So I can scratch that off my To-Do List and get on with the next project! I am planning on turning this old window I got over the summer into a chalk board, we'll see how it goes. 

Till next time! 

No comments: