Saturday, April 18, 2015

Super Quick Boob Light Cover Up

Dear ceiling fan, 
It's time to ditch the boob look. 
C'mon, let's cover it up now. 

Sincerely, 
It's not me...it's you. 

What is a boob light you ask? Well they're lights, that have an uncanny resemblance to a certain part of the female anatomy. 
To be honest, I had never heard the term "boob light" until about a year ago. When we bought our house, we inherited a few of these perky pesky light fixtures, and now I can't look at them without thinking; "there is a boob...on my ceiling...and it's staring at me" .

One of them is in our kitchen.
My plan for this project was pretty basic:
Unscrew hardware, take down light cover, replace with lamp shade, screw hardware back on...done. 
Remove light = check! 
I did run into one little hiccup. The lamp shade I purchased, when held up to the fan so I could reuse the hardware, hit the blades. Sooooo either I needed extra hardware to make the shade sit lower, OR I flip it upside down and attach it that way. 
Finito! 
I think it looks pretty good, considering how simple of a fix it turned out to be. 
This was just one item on the lengthy list of "To-Do's" scheduled for this weekend. 
I feel like its been FOREVER since we've done anything to the house. The weather is supposed to be nice, and Eric and I are actually staying in town, so I plan on being CRAZY productive over the next few days. 
Wish me luck! 

No comments: