Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BREAK the MONOTONY. Do Something STRANGE and EXTRAVAGANT!

My freshman year of college, Mom sent me a care package along with a card that said "Break the monotony. Do something strange and extravagant!" I have always loved that quote and have been meaning to frame it.
I started thinking about that quote today though, and you know what? I actually HAVE done things that are both strange and extravagant, well at least I think they are.
And being the queen of organization that I am of course I am going to make a list, and continue to add to it as time goes on.
SO! Here it is...draft one:

~BETH'S BOTH STRAGE AND EXTRAVAGANT LIST OF ACTIVITIES~
(in no particular order)
- eat escargot
- travel around Italy and in doing so see TONS of the art that I studied in art history
- go to Las Vegas
- parasail
- LOVE somebody
- sing in the choir for a performance of Carmina Burana
- see 2 Broadway Musicals in NYC
- taste squid ink risotto
- race on a go cart team
- competed and won awards in a beauty pageant
- play the lead role in Bye Bye Birdie and Our Town as well as perform in dozens of other shows
- graduated from college
- go on a cruise
- see Niagara Falls
- get a tattoo...or two
- climb all 463 steps to the top of the Duomo in Florence
- swim in the ocean
- see Geofe and MaryAlice from Ace of Cakes (and ask what their fav. color is)
- shoot a bow and arrow
- karaoke for a room full of strangers
- pose nude for a photograph


...well there's a start! :D

No comments: