Friday, April 10, 2009

Measuring Up

Sometimes i wonder if i really fit in with the design scene. i mean i'm getting straight A's and my teachers like me and they seem to like my work enough to give me the good grade, but every assignment i feel like i'm just up there with the rest of them. we hang up our work to be critiqued and i look at what my peers have created and just feel like "geez why didn't i think of that". Even though i'm kinda proud of what i have come up with, i've never been told that I need to make drastic changes to my piece, but i simply would like it if someone would look at MY piece and think "i wish i had thought of that". and maybe they do, i don't know. there really is now real way for me to know is there? not unless someone comes up to me and said "wow i wish i had thought of that!" 

blah

i want to badly to be a successful designer designer and to have a good job creating wonderful things that i am proud to say are my own. maybe i should try thinking outside of the box on a regular basis so that i can exercise my mind to make that incredible next project. 
or maybe i should start exercising period....sorry that has nothing to do with this. 

Another thing that bothers me is that i don't really have any "friends" in the design dept. I get along great with a couple of the girls but in my class now...there is only 1 that i can really talk to. no one else really listens to what i have to say. some of them kinda have that vibe around them that they think they're better than everyone else. whatever! i won't let it get to me. I didn't become a vis com major to make friends. i have PLENTY of wonderful friends already!!! in my other studio classes i get along with basically everyone in the class so thats a perk. yes thats def a perk. a big perk. :D 

geez i just want to get home. the weather is so...grey out today. i hope it doesn't snow....it is the middle of april for crying out loud. 

No comments: