Friday, September 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home



So this year I have noticed that I feel as though I can stay here in Muncie for extended periods of time and not feel as though I need to get back to CW. I think most of this has to do with having my own house this year! Not that living in the dorms was insanely awful, I really enjoyed my roommate (in fact we're still really great friends), seeing new people all the time, being on campus and not having to leave a half hour b4 class, and having delicious hot and ready food just steps away! But when I went home for the weekend I always dreaded going back. Trying to find a ride home and having to leave whenever they want to was never fun either. 
Over Labor Day weekend I spent that time back in Mercer County with my family and friends, I really enjoyed the extra day off and loved seeing the people I care about, but then I noticed towards the end of Monday I was actually looking forward to getting back to my own room and bed! This perspective change struck me as a huge step in my "maturing" process as becoming a functioning adult in the real world and was incredibly proud of myself (don't laugh :D ). 
I live with three other girls, I went to high school with one of them and the other two went to HS together here in Muncie, it's a nice balance and I think we all really enjoy each other's company. Making my own food isn't as bad as I had imagined it either, I can eat whenever I want and don't have to make sure I spend the certain amount of meal money. (I find myself eating less...maybe....idk lol) Having a living room and a couch to crash on in front of the TV is another thing I have really grown fond of. 
My own room is a truly unique reflection of my personality and style. The lime green walls, deep purple curtains and bedspread, work with my quirky lamp and mirror from Ikea along with a burt orange desk that I painted myself. A beautiful picture of Audrey Hepburn hangs above my dresser next to a picture board filled with memories. I love having my own space that I can shut the door to the real world and just relax, work on projects, write, read, or simply just sit and nap. :D 
Our neighbors are pretty sweet as well. We live next to the fraternity Delta Gamma Iota, every brother of this fraternity that I have met is the nicest guy ever. They know how to treat a guest and they all have that kind of chivalry that you would've thought had died long ago.  Not to mention they do know how to have a good time lol.
*** I hope to spend the next three years in my house and I can't wait for all the wonderful memories that are going to be created while I'm in Muncie...at home. <3 

No comments: