Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Creating a Tune

So as a start I am actually doing this at about 12:30 in the morning and the fact that I have an 8am class is slowly starting to sink in. (It'll really be noticeable when I can barely paint b/c I'm so tired....o well! ) But I really think that this whole "blogging" thing is going to be really fun. I love to write and express myself whether it's through music, art, or my own words and now I can share it with family, friends, or people who are just interested in the same things as me. 

**A bit about myself: I am an art student focusing on Visual Communications. I love to draw, sing, act, read, write and create things. I really enjoy getting out there, meeting new people, and having fun with my friends. I am in the middle of a ton of first cousins while in my immediate family I am the oldest of 4 girls. My sisters are my life and I really don't know what I would do without them. Angie is the 2nd oldest and has become a fantastic young woman. Though we are extremely different we have found so much to share that our relationship has blossomed these past few years. She is so talented it is amazing and every time she performs at a gymnastic meet you see this talent at its best. Finding humor in everything is also something that makes Beaks Beaks. Sometimes she'll start to tell a story and can't even finish because she is laughing so hard. Janel is next, and as a middle child she has developed her own personality and way of doing everything. Even at a young age Janel laughed at pretty much everything. All you have to do is look at her with a funny face or say something humorous and she's gets this wicked grin on her face and those contagious giggles start. Over the summer Janel has grown about 4 inches and I swear the next time I come home she'll tower over me. Once my boyfriend Eric said "OK, I'm saying this as your boyfriend and not some weird guy...but Janel is going to be gorgeous!" and I agree. Last, but def. not least, is miss Kim. Kimmy is Kimmy. As energetic as they come, she is the cause of half of the entertainment in our household. Growing up in a neighborhood with about 7 other girls her own age she always brings the kids running through our house and tons of bikes to the driveway. She complains about shopping and thinks that our obsession with pampering and hairspray is a waste of time...but sooner or later she will be exactly the same...just give it time. Even though we all went through our own rough patches, we have become extremely close and not seeing them everyday while I'm here at school has been really hard. Plus not having 3 other jewelry boxes to scavenger through while putting together that perfect outfit is a down side lol. 
 Along with my outstanding siblings there are my parents. I could get all sappy and say that "they have been the best role models of my life and have made me into the woman I am today"...yes....i know...it moved me too. All joking aside the morals and ethics that my parents have drilled into me really has molded me and I would like to end up just like them someday. My mom is like my big sister. Being the oldest, I really never had anyone to help me get through those awkward times in JH and HS. Yes we have butted heads and fought though hell and high water...but in the end she is one of the first people I call when something exciting happens. She is also one of the only people who I can share, and blame, my chocolate fetish with while watching, and quoting, You've Got Mail. As for my dad...geez...where do I even start? Even though sometimes it seems like he isn't really around that much, he lights up my life. Every time we talk he usually bust out the jokes and we both end up laughing our heads off. I tend to be one of the few that get all of his jokes and I think that's what makes our relationship special. His personality shines through everything he does, whether it is being a doctor, comedian, or father....he's the man. 
Along with all my family I have the best friends a girl could possible ask for. From all the ones that I left back at home to all the new friends I have made here at school, I love each and every one of them. All the good times and memories will stay locked up in my heart until I am an old and withered lady. 
It was through my friends that I found Eric. Eric is the person who has been the biggest influence on my life. With our 4 year anniversary coming up in Nov. I have never been in love with him more. We have shared so much that even if we were to end our relationship he is someone that I would remember for the rest of my life. He has left his hand print on my heart and there it will stay. We have talked about marriage before and I do believe that we were destined to be together. I plan on making him my husband someday. I know having dreams like that are crazy and a little scary but I get so excited when I think about them and it just seems right. I believe its those feelings that create a strong and successful relationship. 
So that's me and a nutshell, I know it's a lot but there is a lot to me! What? Did you think that my life was boring? ha ha it sometimes is...but i enjoy every minuet of it! 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aw Beth!! You're so sweet. I love it. And when you plan that wedding... leave a special spot for the matchmaker. :)